USA Fencing is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of fencing in the United States. Its mission is to grow and promote the sport of fencing in the United States, honor its rich traditions and achieve sustained international success.
USA Fencing is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation. To learn more about USA Fencing’s diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging efforts, please visit our DEIB page at: https://www.usafencing.org/deib
The Operations Administrator’s primary responsibility is to initiate, coordinate and execute administrative support ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing critical administrative support for the organization. This position contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and timely manner with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy
- Distributes daily mail and packages
- Composes, types and distributes professional correspondence, memoranda and emails using individual initiative and as assigned
- Meets and greets visitors
- Orders and maintains supplies; coordinates equipment and building maintenance
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to, filing, photocopying, scanning and mailing
- Organize data and source documents, identifies data to be entered and accurately enters data into company systems following established guidelines and procedures
- Daily database interaction including, but not limited to, inquiries, member profile access, birthdate verifications, assistance with instructing members on various needs within their profiles, merging of duplicate records to maintain cleanliness of database, manual entry as needed.
- Responds to staff members inquiries regarding data entered or source documents
- Conflict of Interest tracking and assistance with logging in, submitting and reminders.
- Committee/Resource Team membership compliance tracking (correct membership types, background check and safe sport training and Conflict of Interest.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Works closely with Member Services Manager
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional member situations; Responds promptly to member needs; Solicits member feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
Starting Pay Range
$15 - $19 per hour – Commensurate with experience
Paid vacation, personal and sick time
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) retirement plan, with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the Company’s discretion as permitted by law
The USA Fencing National Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO; ability to work from National Office is required.
This is a full-time non-exempt position with competitive pay.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.