USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. We Champion every aspect of the sport as advocates for the best of American cycling.
USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of the country. Our staff works in a virtual environment and is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters. The Webmaster and Creative Content Manager is a remote role which will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. This role serves as the single point of contact for USA Cycling’s website, with key focus on guiding creative and content directions as well as the brand consistency of the site. A creative, results-driven mindset is needed to seek ways to ensure that USA Cycling’s diverse group of external and internal customers are fully served by the website.
- Manage the (re)design, launch, and ongoing management of the USA Cycling marketing and e-commerce website to engage, attract, and convert visitors.
- Align website strategy, design, content, and execution with business objectives and priorities.
- Optimize site layout to best convey USA Cycling’s value proposition and We Champion mission.
- Make majority of site content updates for internal business units while ensuring consistent approach to design, UI/UX, SEO, and information architecture, as well as consistent training for other content owners and creators.
- Leverage USA Cycling’s CRM platform to create a personalized experience for site visitors that features relevant and recommended content based on segment, persona, and/or behavior.
- Own website style guide and UI kit while working closely with external agencies and contractors as needed on style and UI/UX design and updates.
- Create responsive landing pages and test them across browsers, operating systems, and devices to improve usability.
- Leverage Google Analytics and webmaster tools to monitor site performance and website traffic, irregularities, issues, trends and opportunities, in particular optimizing and improving SEO and SEM results and rankings.
- Maintain site health by ensuring proper internal link structure and implementing on-page optimization best practices.
- Define, track, and improve site KPIs, while reporting up and across the organization on progress and gaps.
- Recognize and define opportunities and tools for cross-selling and up-selling
- Develop a deep understanding of how users interact with the website and implement changes to improve UI/UX and conversion rate optimization (CRO).
- Fulfill product management related activities for the marketing website, including defining and prioritizing requirements, developing roadmaps, leading testing, and managing budget.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, in particular marketing team on content, campaigns, and digital marketing initiatives.
- Manage agency and contractor engagements related to website projects.
- Ensure compliance in terms of ADA and in protecting consumer privacy, especially CCPA and if necessary, GDPR.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned.
- Experience creating unified digital experiences that bring together content strategy, optimized UI/UX, and cohesive branding to generate leads, engage the customer, and ultimately drive revenue.
- An eye for user-centric design with a head for data-driven decision making
- Ability to read, write, and edit HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of both technical and content aspects of SEO
- Demonstrable skill with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with CRM and marketing automation tools such as Salesforce
- Experience with site optimization tools and familiar with A/B and multivariate testing principles
- Site redesign and platform migration experience needed
- Experience with Craft CMS, Shopify, Bootstrap, and SaaS preferred
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Home office space that allows you to perform job responsibilities in a quiet work area with reliable internet service
- Strong data and analytical skills to quantify and improve results
- Thrive on responsibility and display a passion for quality results
- A continuous learner who enjoys innovation and creativity
- Ability to think critically about priorities and make smart trade-offs
- Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including some weekends and holidays
- Craft CMS
- Shopify checkout cart
- CRM and marketing automation and acquisition tools
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Less than 5%
- Domestic and international travel is currently restricted to trips considered mission critical to USA Cycling. We encourage all staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to the area they will be traveling to.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position that is currently offering a 100% remote work environment
- Base salary for this position is $80,000-100,000 annually
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays/Paid Time Off), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.