USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success. USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning their personal journey in the sport as enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of the country. Our staff works in a virtual environment and is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of our organization from anywhere in the United States!
- Implement/execute technology strategy by assisting with day-to-day priorities and output of internal development team and external vendors.
- Provide QA and testing protocols of consumer-facing digital products and back-end reporting tools in various stages of development by USAC DevOps team
- Identify any problems and submit tickets to programming & development teams to fix bugs and issues
- Manage product feedback loop cross functionally to ensure that organizational objectives are aligned.
- Participate in daily stand-up calls with the internal and augmented development teams (DSU); assets with assigning and managing Jira tickets as necessary.
- Actively define and prioritize product requirements ensuring that multiple perspectives including that of the customer, as well as the internal staff are accounted for.
o Assist with maintaining and improving a suite of existing products, features, or functions, including documentation, messaging, positioning, and business models, so that all stakeholders have access to clear consumable information
- Participating in the execution and planning of product roadmaps and marketing objectives.
- Cross-functional work with product owners to establish release cycles and launch dates based on product roadmaps and business requirements
- Define internal and external testing (UAT) parameters and record feedback.
- Troubleshoot/resolve conflicts that arise throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Active and open communication across all levels of the organization.
- Performs these and other duties as assigned.
- DevOps background with an ability to leverage existing technology and services to meet organizational needs; understanding of relational databases a huge plus
- Demonstrated success working in an Agile/Scrum work environment
- Experience with remote work teams and the ability to stay connected within that environment
- Familiarity with back-end of Salesforce and Shopify platforms a plus
- Competency in product owner tools such as Jira, MS Office, BitBucket and CI/CD systems
- Home office space that allows you to perform job responsibilities in a quiet work area with reliable internet service
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- A continuous learner with a proven track record of innovation and creativity
- Ability to think critically about prioritization decisions and make smart trade-offs
- Teamwork: working selflessly with others in pursuit of a common cause
- Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and interpersonal skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including some weekends and holidays
No travel is expected
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a temporary part-time non-exempt position offering a 100% remote work environment.
Base salary for this position is $25-$30 per hour
- This position is not eligible for benefits except for paid sick leave and eligible to contribute to 403b retirement plan
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.