USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success. USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning their personal journey in the sport as enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of the country. Our staff is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of our organization!
Core Responsibilities (National Championship Event Properties):
- Assist Director of National Events to create and implement a bid process for selecting National Championship event properties.
- Oversight of various USA Cycling National Championships as directed by the Director of National Events, including coordination of national race calendars.
- Manage a working budget for selected National Championship Events.
- Responsible for all planning and on site day-to-day operations as Race Director of National Championships as decided by the Director of National Events to include working with the Membership Department to ensure they are properly permitted.
- Execute the USA Cycling National Championships setup to ensure that it adheres to USAC brand and safety standards.
- Manage travel logistics for event staff and vendors.
- Manage third party vendors for National Championships (announcers, fencing, etc.).
- Order and manage bib numbers, medals, and jerseys for National Championship events.
- Work closely with IT, membership departments, and external partner on registration processes for National Championships.
- Serve as a resource for members in coordination with National Championships and National Calendars.
- Work with USAC Sport Committees to ensure National Championship Events are aligned with industry standards.
- Serve as support staff at various National Championships.
Core Responsibilities (National Events Properties):
- Collaborate with Communication Department on press releases, race information, etc. for the National Events Department.
- Maintain all aspects of USA Cycling’s website related to the National Events Department.
- Monitor National Events Department budget according to departmental guidelines.
- Conduct site visits prior to National Events/Championships.
- Ensure proper coordination on anti-doping for select events with local organizing committees and USADA.
- Remain current on all USA Cycling Issues, i.e., membership and events via website, brochures, etc.
- High understanding of all cycling disciplines, with a proficiency in road racing
- Generally requires 3+ years of cycling race management experience
- Industry experience within the sport of cycling
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to navigate high-stress situations and keep composure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- Work independently while maintaining strong communication/collaboration internally and within the cycling community
- A continuous learner with a proven track record of innovation and creativity
- Ability to think critically about prioritization decisions and make smart trade-offs
- Advanced verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Power to build positive, professional relationships within internal teams and the cycling community
- Experience managing basic website content
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including weekends and some holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by potential candidates to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.
- Ability to work in conditions with occasional exposure to extreme weather such as high and low temperatures and variable precipitation when working at events.
- Visual capabilities for both long and short distance measurement at events.
- Frequently communicate with staff and participants and must be able to exchange accurate information in event situations.
- Dolly and lift-assist equipment. Incumbent may occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel along with reaching with hands and arms.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Race registration software and applications
- Website management tools
- 30-40% domestic travel
- We encourage all staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to the area they will be traveling to.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time exempt position that is offering a 100% remote work environment
- Base salary range for the position is $43,000-50,000 annually
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays/Discretionary Bonus), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.