Business Development Operations Manager - USA Cycling (Colorado Springs, CO)
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success. USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning their personal journey in the sport as enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community - internally and externally - to better reflect the diversity of the country. Our staff is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of our organization!
The Business Development Operations Manager sources and generates funding and drives revenue growth for the USA Cycling Foundation (USACF), the non-profit arm of USA Cycling that supports athlete development programs in all disciplines of competitive cycling. The Business Development Operations Manager.
- Manage all donor, partner and sponsor engagements, events and communication across the organization.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to develop annual communication and marketing initiatives.
- Manage and track all donor, partner and sponsor projects in partnership with the Athletics and Events teams.
- Utilize software (Salesforce) to manage and maintain contributor database to include, but not limited to, tracking sponsorships, pledges and donations, administering receipts and acknowledgements, processing incentives and running queries and reports.
- Build and maintain fundraising scorecards for foundation and sponsorship revenue.
- Conduct detailed prospective donor and sponsor research for Regional Gift Officers and the Partnership Sales team to generate leads for donor fundraising and sponsorship sales.
- Identify and organize annual donor retention activities in alignment with scheduled cycling events and organizational objectives.
- Create and develop original USA Cycling marketing content to include, but not limited to, athlete testimonials, highlight videos, donor and sponsor appreciation efforts and team results.
- Implement direct mail campaigns on behalf of the USACF.
- Partner with Marketing to secure assets and resources to build presentations and develop sales materials.
- Review USACF grant and scholarship applications and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Arrange travel for USACF, the sponsorship team and prospective and current donors.
- File required documentation (e.g. state charity registration applications) in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Oversee management of donor and sponsor planning events.
- Process expense reports for the USACF through designated software (Certify).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three to five (3 – 5) years’ experience cultivating and maintaining donor and sponsor relationships.
- A minimum of three to five (3 - 5) years’ experience in sales and fundraising.
- Demonstrated skills in research and analytics.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software and marketing automation (e.g. Salesforce).
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships.
Additional Experience/Skill Sets:
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, think critically and make decisions for positive results.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and the ability to achieve results with limitations in resources.
- Willing to work non-traditional work hours to include occasional weekends and holidays.
- 40% domestic travel via air and ground.
- We encourage all staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to the area to which they will be traveling.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by potential candidates to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.
- Ability to work in conditions with occasional exposure to extreme weather such as high and low temperatures and variable precipitation when working at events.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasional standing, squatting, reaching and bending.
- Ability to receive information through oral communication both in-person and on telephone.
- Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time exempt position located in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Base salary range for the position is $38,000 - $42,500 annually.
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays/Discretionary Bonus), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture.
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.