Marketing & Communications
US Youth Soccer (USYS) is the largest youth sport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking of ways to grow and support the game. We’re on a mission to build the most innovative service organization in sports and transform lives by inspiring participation. Our vision is to bring communities together through the power of soccer, making life-long fans of the sport.
We are defining the modern-day youth sport organization with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by the principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create changes in our business, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the industry.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the soccer community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being a great place to work by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day.
US Youth Soccer is searching for a highly-talented marketing and communications professional to support the growth of youth soccer in the United States. The core focus of this position will be the planning, development, and implementation of all USYS marketing, communications, digital and partnership sales strategies while providing dynamic storytelling across a variety of our sport disciplines. In addition, this individual will be tasked with creating plans and action steps to grow the USYS brand nationally and direct key marketing activities supporting core assets including: League America, National League, Futsal, USYS University, Success in Schools, ODP, President’s Cup, our National Championships, Champions Cup and more.
The position reports to the USYS CEO and interacts with the Board of Directors, 54 State Associations and other staff in messaging the direction of the organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies and ensuring its effective operation. Externally, the position coordinates, primarily with marketing and digital agencies, media, sponsors, committee volunteers, local organizing committees and others.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead all digital and social media initiatives while simultaneously focusing on brand awareness, sport growth and sponsorship assets.
- Lead and mentor a dynamic team to ensure that all deliverables are met.
- Act as a turnkey revenue generating think tank.
- Actively manage social media channels, website, emails and other communication channels.
- Cultivate a proactive and collaborative culture within the marketing department.
- Maintain and expand premiere event experience.
· Drive effective strategic planning and provide tools and thought leadership to improve marketing decisions for the organization.
· Develop and implement a consistent and unified brand strategy and architecture.
· Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy - including branding campaigns, events, digital marketing, PR, etc.
· Lead the delivery of content for publications, e-mail, social media, websites, etc. Serve as primary contact for all media relations efforts.
- Actively seek out industry best practices, especially through the implementation of new technologies, to drive business forward
- Report on marketing KPIs such as leads, conversion rates, website traffic, and track email campaign metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within cross-departmental teams.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional attitude.
- Self-starter with good follow-through and the ability to take direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, holidays, weekends.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in marketing, communications, sales and/or brand management.
· Passion for soccer.
· Playing experience with the sport helpful.
· Work experience in youth sports preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
This is a full time, exempt position, based in Frisco, TX. Please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Yvette Saenz (email@example.com).
US Youth Soccer is a non-profit organization. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, the details of which will be made available to qualified candidates.