Title: Risk Management, Discipline & Appeals Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Location: Charleston, S.C.
Status: Full-time / Salaried
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages. Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
The Risk Management, Discipline and Appeals Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of US Club Soccer’s risk management, discipline, and appeals initiatives, with a focus on health and safety. Evening/weekend work, and a limited amount of travel, may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage US Club Soccer’s risk management, discipline, and appeals processes, including intake of reports/complaints, administration and response.
- Work collaboratively with staff, US Club Soccer’s Risk Management Committee (RMC) and discipline/disciplinary committees, members, U.S. Soccer, U.S. Soccer Member Organizations, the U.S. Center for SafeSport, and other applicable organizations/vendors/individuals in doing so.
- Manage, monitor and execute risk management and disciplinary-related processes in US Club Soccer’s registration platform(s), such as background screening adjudication and appeals.
- Maintain applicable disciplinary and suspension lists.
- Provide customer service and serve as a resource to members. Work collaboratively with US Club Soccer staff and the communications department to provide regular updates to members regarding responsibilities, policies, best practices, trainings, and related industry developments.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Soccer policies, the U.S. Center for SafeSport Code/policies and other applicable policies.
- Monitor and manage annual SafeSport training requirements for staff, BOD members and other internal individuals.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and development of US Club Soccer’s risk management, safety and disciplinary initiatives. Proactively suggest policy, process and other enhancements or changes.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation, and ensure knowledge management.
- General operations, project, registration and event/program support on an as-needed basis.
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution, or equivalent previous work experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization and administration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, and produce high-quality output within specific time constraints.
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Proficiency with applicable software programs, such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of soccer is preferred, but not required.
Compensation consists of a salary, medical and dental insurance programs, vacation and personal day package, and a 401(k) plan option.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.