U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Senior Manager, Licensing & Retail contributes in two key areas across U.S. Soccer’s overall consumer products business: Licensing and Retail. This role will oversee and manage the day-to-day functions of U.S. Soccer’s licensed product strategy and tactics which creates revenue, extends our brand messaging, and services our fanbase. Additionally, this role is the lead on U.S. Soccer Store operations. The Store is a critical touch point with fans, both established and new, as well as a seven-figure revenue driver for the company. The role also serves as the internal liaison for product-driven functions such as partner product needs, staff/VIP requests, etc.
- Develop, in collaboration with our retail partner (currently Legends) and internal stakeholders, a long-term strategy for U.S. Soccer’s consumer products business including retail revenue goals, customer acquisition practices, product roadmap, and brand extensions.
- Oversee creation and execution of promotional plan for U.S. Soccer Store with our retail partner and internal resources.
- Collaborate with Legends to create and implement a game-by-game plan for maximizing merchandise sales on site including pre-event communication with fans, on-site branding and signage, customer service, creative transactional processes, and other techniques for driving retail revenue.
- Create a long-term product roadmap for U.S. Soccer store and identify gaps in the overall line.
- Explore and communicate best practices for an omni-channel retail strategy and tactics.
- Proactively manage communication flow between Legends, licensees, and internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication between Legends and stadiums hosting U.S. Soccer National Team events.
- Oversee on-site retail operations at National Team events.
- Lead implementation of product roadmap via coordination with Licensees and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee implementation of retail and product strategies and programs.
- Maintain weekly call cadence with Legends on U.S. Soccer Store operations (online and on-site), promotions, and long-term strategy.
- Implement successful promotional strategy for U.S. Soccer Store (online) including email and social communications, online advertising, SEM, and other tactics.
- Oversee licensed product review and approval process.
- Act as lead point of contact for all internal requests and questions for licensed product and premiums to service internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Create goals for U.S. Soccer Store (online and events) and track against performance.
- Develop and maintain a reporting mechanism for U.S. Soccer’s overall retail business.
- Review market trends and identify areas where U.S. Soccer can improve its retail and licensing business.
- Bachelor’s degree in retail marketing or a bachelor’s degree with commensurate experience in the consumer products and/or retail space.
- 5+ years related experience in the online and/or on-site retail operations or related fields.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required.
- Able and willing to travel up to 30-50% of the year.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.
- Experience working in sports or entertainment is preferred.
- Strong technical skills are a plus.
- Experience managing outside partners and staff.
- Experience managing multiple projects against goals and targets.
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company-centric approach.
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit.
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges.
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection.
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses.
- Possess a tireless work ethic.
- Wants to be part of a team that wins.
- Has the ability to be firm but fair.
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner,
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.