U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is now hiring a full-time Receptionist/Office Assistant in our Chicago office. As a member of the HR Department, the Receptionist/Office Assistant’s primary responsibility is to be the first point of contact for all visitors and callers. This position is responsible for answering incoming calls, transferring calls to appropriate personnel, addressing inquiries about U.S. Soccer, and providing administrative support as needed.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming outside phone calls
- Greet and welcome guests when they arrive at the office
- Connect or direct visitors and callers to the appropriate person and office
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information
- Assist with opening and closing office procedures
Office and Event Logistics:
- Support and oversee conference room bookings for Soccer House meetings and events
- Provide event planning support for year-round employee engagement related events such as contracting, scheduling, and coordinating with employees (i.e. Thrive)
- Facilitate and intercept ad hoc catering orders for meetings at Soccer House
- Arrange and oversee coverage for front desk at all times during regular work hours
- Receive and/or distribute daily mail and deliveries including lunch orders, UPS packages, FedEx pickups, and FIFA documents
- Order, receive, stock and/or distribute basic office and mail supplies
- Support recruiting needs through candidate scheduling visits, interviews, travel and accommodations
- Support HR in new hire onboarding
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, transcribing, filing, and collating (e.g. Accounts Payable mailers, holiday card mailers)
- Keep accurate, updated records of office expenses and costs
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelors in Sports Management or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of customer service, administrative assistant, or reception experience preferred
- Display a positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook) and Adobe
- Desire to be part of a team
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Request feedback and is open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.