*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The YNT Performance Analyst contributes to the design and delivery of data & video analysis to support our technical staff in all phases of the game during domestic and international camps and competitions. Their role is to ensure all research is done clearly, effectively, and efficiently to help optimize development within our youth environments.
- Travel extensively with YNT into training camps and games domestically and abroad
- Record, capture & code all YNT games and training sessions while in the camp environment
- Ensure all data & video is collected and uploaded to all required staff and players in line with the USSF standards and time frames
- Contribute to the design and delivery of all performance analysis support, including (but not limited to) pre-match, in-game, post-match, individual player support, scouting, long-term player & team tracking
- Help in the creation of automated scripts and reports to enhance the delivery of information and efficiency of workflows for youth and senior national teams
- Collaborate with other analysts within the Federation to improve and expand on analysis processes
- Develop strong working relationships across the multi-disciplinary team, sharing and informing best practices
- Manage and create relationships with external technology partners to enhance the support of performance analysis
- Stay up to date on the latest performance analysis research/technology and help support other colleagues’ development within the Federation
- Support Sporting Analytics and USSF in developing internal and external research in this area
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Performance Analysis, Mathematics, or equivalent area
- Minimum 2 years applied experience as a video/performance analyst (or similar role) working with coaches and performance staff in club, college/university, or national team
- Proven track record of establishing and delivering a robust performance analysis system around data collection, data management, and data dissemination
- Experience working with various performance analysis equipment and technology (specifically SportsCode, Hudl Studio, CoachPaint & Keynote)
- Knowledge and understanding of a programming language (Python, R, or SQL)
- Ability to operate a drone and camera equipment
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills – the ability to convey the ‘story’ from the data
- Strong knowledge and understanding of soccer (tactics, principles of play, modern trends) and the overall landscape of the sport in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Must be able to connect “micro” details to the “macro” vision and mission
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the year
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Passion for soccer
- Practical experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.) a plus
- Excellent organizational, data collection, planning, and leadership skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Thorough institutional knowledge of U.S. Soccer’s mission, goals, technical plan, policies, practices, and procedures
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company-centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.