*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission
is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity,
technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our
athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think,
create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S.
Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment,
an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and
foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable.
These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We
Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it
is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every
interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that
staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values
guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
Reporting directly to Equipment Manager, the network staff will collaborate on an as
needed basis with handling of equipment to support the National Teams in domestic
and international training camps and competitions. Support is required on a per
diem basis and the network staff may be asked to assist our National Teams,
including our WNT, MNT, ENT, and YNT.
The position demands a high level of familiarity with the sport of soccer, the
products and equipment necessary for training and competition. This position is
responsible for exhibiting a high-degree of professionalism and be able to perform
in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide equipment and training support for the National Teams as requested by the Equipment Manager and/or Equipment Director
- Organize, inventory, and issue apparel/equipment for the National Teams
- Maintain packing lists of National Team training gear for each domestic/international event
- Setup, maintain, organize and coordinate laundry for the equipment room and locker rooms while traveling
- Assist with training session set-up and equipment needs during training
- Liaison between full-time staff and shipping/logistics vendors both internationally and domestically
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and handle heavy boxes weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Experience in sports and/or other entertainment events
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Must be able to connect “micro” details to the “macro” vision and mission
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally when called into camp
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Passion for soccer
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- 1-3 years of prior competitive sports team, equipment management experience
- History of working with inventory and ordering system(s)
- Thorough institutional knowledge of U.S. Soccer’s mission, goals, technical plan, policies, practices, and procedures
- Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity.
U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.