U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
As a key contributor to U.S. Soccer’s HR department, the Intern, HR will be responsible for utilizing U.S. Soccer’s HRIS system (Paylocity) to support the HR department’s strategic initiatives and goals. This person will be focused on all things involving Employee and Payroll data. This person will be tasked with ensuring all confidential employee records and data are maintained accurate and true.
- Assist the Manager, Human Resources with full-cycle recruiting
- Support the onboarding process by setting up new hires from beginning to end in Paylocity and offboarding changes resulting from terminations
- Process employee record changes including but not limited to personnel action forms, non-basepay requests, W-4s, and benefits deductions
- Review personnel forms to ensure they are complete and appropriately approved
- Support the Manager, Payroll with to research and document payroll issues, and respond promptly to all payroll related questions from employees
- Support the Manager, People & Performance with audits (401k, compliance audits, etc.), analyzing payroll data, and special projects
- Support the Director, HR & Diversity with ongoing projects
- Other HR projects and tasks as assigned
- Degree in a related field such as Human Resources or Business
- At least one year of HR related experience
- HRIS or Payroll systems experience with Paylocity, ADP, Paychex, etc.
- Independently proficient skills with Excel
- Attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- Strong customer service and communication skills to maintain relationships at all levels of the organization and with vendors
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings & weekends as needed
- 1-3 years of payroll experience a plus
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach— Support Members, Impact Athletes, and Serve Fans
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.