*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
We’re looking for a skilled graphic designer to be a part of U.S. Soccer’s newly formed creative suite, responsible for bringing U.S. Soccer’s brand to life through visual storytelling across multiple touch points. As part of a passionate team of creative problem solvers, you will work on the design and production (concept through to execution) for creative concepts aligned with U.S. Soccer’s Brand strategy and standards to define the voice of our brand and help U.S. Soccer achieve its mission of becoming the preeminent sport in the U.S.
The position will require someone who has the capacity to ideate and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, who thinks on their feet and operates quickly in the fast-moving environment of international soccer, and thinks creatively about how to connect with fans and achieve brand and business goals. We are looking for someone who aspires to creative excellence and will help drive the organization in pursuit of that goal. The position will focus on projects related to the Men’s and Women’s National Soccer teams (FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, Olympics, International Friendlies, CONCACAF Competitions, SheBelieves Cup) as well as Federation efforts to grow and develop the sport in the U.S.
- Develop high-quality creative (for online and offline channels) that brings U.S. Soccer’s brand to life in service to Federation brand and business objectives
- Push the boundaries of design to deliver communication and visuals that excites and engages fans and other key audiences
- Partner with internal creatives, U.S. Soccer staff, and external partners to foster a collaborative process, environment and culture of creative excellence at U.S. Soccer
- Leverage best practices to develop resources, guidelines and templates that ensure consistency, efficiency and improves our ability to meet the highest level of creative and brand standards across all communication
- Assists in developing and maintaining schedules for projects
- Shares inspiration and best practices from design, sports and other industries
- 5+ years working full-time in an agency or in-house creative department
- Strong understanding of digital media including social media, website, app, etc.
- Strong, audience-focused design capabilities in both print and new media.
- Must present a portfolio of works that represents a diverse creative skill set including:
- Identity / logo design
- Photo editing and compositing
- Data visualization / Infographics
- Proficient in developing both vector and raster graphics
- Multipage layout
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Excel.
- Ability to understand/follow creative direction and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills with an ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours and available remotely or on-site during events.
- Has a pulse on social media and cultural trends, and user interaction
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to Chicago by October, 2021
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects & Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Poses a desire to working in the unique space of athletics and design as a career
- Proficient with Apple/ Mac operating systems and equipment
- Familiar with the sport and/or Soccer landscape
- Copywriting and campaign concepting skills desired
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.