*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
We’re looking for a skilled motion graphics designer to be a part of U.S. Soccer’s newly forming creative department. This individual will be responsible for the creation, execution, and delivery of motion graphics for U.S. Soccer. As part of a passionate team of creative problem solvers, you will work on the design and production (concept through to execution) for creative concepts aligned with U.S. Soccer’s Brand strategy and standards to define the voice of our brand and help U.S. Soccer achieve its mission of becoming the preeminent sport in the U.S. The position will require someone who has the capacity to ideate and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, who thinks on their feet and operates quickly in the fast-moving environment of international soccer. We are looking for someone who aspires to creative excellence and will help drive the organization in pursuit of that goal. The position will focus on creating motion graphics for multiple digital platforms including the U.S. Soccer App, website, social media, large stadium events, national broadcasts, and various other promotional opportunities and live events.
- Develop high-quality creative (for online and offline channels) that brings U.S. Soccer’s brand to life in service to Federation brand and business objectives
- Push the boundaries of design to deliver communication and visuals that excites and engages fans and other key audiences
- Partner with internal creatives, U.S. Soccer staff, and external partners to foster a collaborative process, environment and culture of creative excellence at U.S. Soccer
- Leverage best practices to develop resources, guidelines and templates that ensure consistency, efficiency and improves our ability to meet the highest level of creative and brand standards across all communication
- Assists in developing and maintaining schedules for projects
- Shares inspiration and best practices from design, sports and other industries
- 5+ years of working experience with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder.
- 5+ years of working experience developing and delivering motion graphics for various professional digital platforms
- Experience in delivering digital content for app, websites, and social media along with LED boards and large video screens is preferred
- Ability to understand/follow creative direction and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills with an ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours and available remotely or on-site during events.
- Has a pulse on social media and cultural trends, and user interaction.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to Chicago by April, 2021
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.