*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
This position will manage the daily operations of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer/ Secretary General (CEO/SG) in an efficient and professional manner to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the offices. This role will perform a wide range of administrative functions and related service to support the CEO/SG as required; oversee daily operations through collaboration with CEO/SG including highlighting topics, and projects to the CEO/SG; and effectively distribute strategy aligned information and ensure open communication from the Office of the CEO/SG to all internal and external stakeholders both nationally and internationally as required. This position will be required to support other chiefs with similar responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- Provide administrative support such as composing and distributing correspondence, letters reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and other complex documents for CEO/SG.
- Proactively identify opportunities to engage with important stakeholders throughout the USSF ecosystem (Member organizations, Governing bodies, and players, etc.) and broader sports / entertainment industry.
- Manage telephone correspondence.
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, board members, stakeholders, outside partners and CEO/SG.
- Manage CEO/SG calendars including scheduling and confirmation of conference calls, meetings, and appointments.
- Identify upcoming events and milestones such as NT games, Member Events (including annual meetings), industry conferences and other CEO/SG required attendance activities.
- Prepare and submit all CEO/SG expenses; review, obtain approval and submit CEO/SG required approvals through invoice system.
- Develop and manage annual budget for the Office of the CEO/SG, and special projects.
- Develop and utilize information management and tracking systems for efficient processing of information and documents requiring CEO/SG signoff.
- Arrange extensive and detailed national/international travel plans, including flights, hotels, rental cars, confirmation of event materials, for CEO/SG. Maintain up to date travel profile with corresponding travel account numbers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong desire to grow and commitment to become the best they can be.
- College degree required.
- Spanish language fluency required (writing and speaking)
- 5-7 years of applicable work experience.
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Ability to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment and analysis are required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent stakeholder-facing and internal communication skills.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to compose, edit and proofread with a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient business vocabulary to effectively represent the CEO/SG and the company.
- Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Understands and meets performance standards.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of industry.
- Able and willing to travel up to 25% of the year.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Adaptable to nontraditional work environments and locations
- Proficiency in other languages a plus
- Strong working knowledge of information management platforms a plus
- Knowledge of NGB sports industry a plus
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills