*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
This position is for suited for a digital marketer between the entry-level and mid-level point of their career and looking to focus in on Product Management (i.e., building technology and creating awesome digital products). The Product Owner will join the Product team (within the Analytics department) and help steward U.S. Soccer’s fan-facing, owned digital channels.
As Product Owner, you’ll be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of ussoccer.com, the U.S. Soccer mobile app, Customer Data Platform (CDP), and ancillary infrastructure that let’s U.S. Soccer engage with fans in a relevant and personalized manner. You’ll support the Senior Product Manager with the day-to-day backlog, feature prioritization, and bug fixes, executing against the roadmap and shepherding improvements from ideas to production builds. This means you’ll be the interface between a cross-functional team (Engineering, Content, Marketing, Analytics, and other relevant teams). You’ll program marketing journeys across email, web, and app to deliver relevant messaging and drive revenue. You’ll also be responsible for keeping content up to date, assisting the Content and Comms teams with technical publishing processes.
This is a data-driven role that requires both a keen feel for best data practices and a sharp analytical sense to determine/deliver relevant KPIs, mine insights, and inform overall strategy. As a steward of the CDP, you’ll work closely with the Data Science and Engineering teams to maintain a master 360-degree view of the customer that enables business intelligence for internal stakeholders and personalized marketing journeys for fans.
- Support the maintenance and delivery of new features for web, app, and CDP such that the digital experience aligns with our Commercial Strategy
- Serve as an internal product expert and the point of contact for feedback and bug reports
- Work with Marketing, Content, Communications, and other internal stakeholders to ensure products are functioning as intended
- Publish important match updates to deliver the intended fan experience (This includes heightened activity during U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Team matches, which often occur in the evenings and/or on weekends)
- Work closely with Partnership Marketing on delivering integrated media plan for corporate partners across web and app ad inventory
- Work with the Marketing team to enable and optimize customer journeys across email, web, app, social, and paid channels.
- Help maintain the product backlog with epics and user stories
- Assess value, develop cases, prioritize product feature backlog to ensure team is focused on delivering maximum value
- Serve as an understudy to the Senior Product Manager, running agile ceremonies with internal and external team members when needed. This includes working closely with project managers from outside agencies
- Facilitate communication between internal stakeholders and delivery team members
- Mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint goals
- Monitor and communicate project health through status and burndown reporting
- Support product launch activities
- Collect and analyze feedback from stakeholders to shape requirements, features, and products
- 2+ years of experience in a digital marketing role (web management, SEO, email marketing, etc)
- Most comfortable at a fast-growing company with a startup-type culture (eager to be hands-on)
- Demonstrable ability to think analytically, turn behavioral data into insights, and use data to drive decisions
- Google Analytics expertise; must be able to derive insights from the data on your own
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills -- ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on impact
- Able and willing to travel up to 5% of the year
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed (USMNT and USWNT games are usually on nights and weekends)
- 1+ year of experience publishing content via Content Management System
- Basic understanding of Jira or similar DevOps tool
- Scrum certification (CSPO/PSPO or similar)
- Agile certification (PMI-ACP or similar)
- Experience with web and mobile development
- SEO expertise, including understanding of relevant metadata, tags, and best practices used to improve search ranks
- Google AdManager or Doubleclick experience (or similar ad-serving service)
- Experience loading and publishing videos with Brightcove
- Strong knowledge of data usage in sports and sports business
- Passion for soccer and a solid understanding of the soccer landscape in the United States
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.