U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation's core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation's core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization's principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The administrative coordinator assists the COO and CLO by driving cross-departmental integration, alignment, efficiency, and effectiveness. This individual will assist in internal alignment and review of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Reporting to the COO and CLO, this individual is responsible for coordinating and supporting administrative duties
- Schedule committee meetings and organize polls liaising with internal and external participants
- Assist with creating/revising presentations for internal/external committees and meetings
- Document meeting minutes for the committee meetings, as needed
- Manage communication to organization from COO and CLO
- Help with strategic planning, goal settings, performance review and other projects
- Responsible for organizing internal meetings led by COO and CLO, coordinating meeting logistics and meeting materials
- Provide logistical and administrative support to meet a wide range of organizational events and function needs led by COO and CLO
- Prepare communications, such as memos, e-mails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents, as needed
- Responsible for booking flights, hotels, and car services when needed for external meetings
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Can analyze financial data and present findings
- Minimum of 3 years experience in office administrative support
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Must be able to connect "micro" details to the "macro" vision and mission
- Experience with documentation, editing, note-taking
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the year
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Passion for soccer
- Previous experience with a club or national team
- Previous experience with project management
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company-centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open, and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.