*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
U.S. Soccer Overview:
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
U.S. Soccer Principles and Values:
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer DEI Vision and Commitments:
Through our actions and the culture we uphold each day, U.S. Soccer is committed to forging positive change to advance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion across our soccer landscape.
- Establish U.S. Soccer as a leader and a role model in the advancement of DEI across the nation and globally.
- Embed DEI in our culture by ensuring it is a lens through which U.S. Soccer makes organizational decisions.
- Create a culture of inclusion in the sport where everyone feels welcome and has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
- Commit to making soccer accessible for ALL who want to play so participants in our sport mirror the rich diversity of our nation.
U.S. Soccer is now hiring a full-time Associate in the Events Department! U.S. Soccer internships, referred to as Associates, are full-time, 5-6 month paid opportunities making an impact in the world of soccer in the United States.
U.S. Soccer’s Events Department is responsible for organizing, developing and executing the organization’s Senior National Team Events.
This Associate position will assist with the planning and execution of event and media operations pertaining to U.S. Soccer Senior National Team Events. This position includes, but is not limited to, assisting with general event operations, coordinating setup of media facilities, assisting with the U.S. Soccer’s event accreditation system, working with on-site volunteers and helping referee and visiting team operations.
This individual will work closely with the Event & Media Operations, Production, Ticketing, Fan Services and Corporate Partnership Departments in preparing the operational elements needed to execute approximately (10) U.S. Soccer events. This candidate will support the Events Department and report to both the Manager of Events Operations and Manager of Media & Broadcast Operations.
The Event & Media Operations Associate is responsible for providing operational support to U.S. Soccer events held in various professional venues across the country. This position will support the preparation of each event in collaboration with the events team from inception to execution.
Event Operations Support:
- Assist with ground transportation arrangements for events/tournaments
- Maintain an inventory and manage shipment of department equipment
- Assist with the department’s accreditation process for events. Including reviewing credential applications and onsite distribution
- Secure, brief and oversee day of game staff/volunteers
- Assist in youth program arrangements
- Manage stadium catering orders
Media Operations Support:
- Assist with media area setup for events, including the press box, press conference room, photographer work areas and post-game interview locations
- Ensure U.S. Soccer media guidelines are carried out during events to create a professional working environment for journalists while protecting the rights of U.S. Soccer’s broadcast partners
- Research and update market media lists prior to events being announced
- Secure, brief and oversee day of game staff/volunteers
- Miscellaneous departmental duties as deemed necessary
- Has earned or is working towards a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at a high level
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, lead on-site at events, multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Flexible work schedule; some travel required including weekends
- Ability to work 14+ hour days on certain event days
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- A background in soccer and sports event management is preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Passion for soccer
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Align with our DEI Vision & Commitments
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills