U.S. Masters Swimming Vision & Overview
USMS is the premier resource for adult aquatic fitness in the United States and will make fitness through swimming available for as many adults as possible. Founded in 1970, USMS is a membership-operated national governing body that promotes health, wellness, fitness, and competition for adults through swimming. We do so by partnering with more than 1,500 adult swim programs across the country that offer a USMS licensed Masters Swimming program; educating and certifying coaches and instructors that are teaching adults; promoting information via the bimonthly member magazine, SWIMMER, monthly e-newsletters, STREAMLINES, and website, usms.org; and by sanctioning and promoting pool, open water, and virtual events and competitions.
SUMMARY: The Specialist, Marketing and Communications has a focus on USMS’s variety of channels that engage and connect with our current members while encouraging non-members to join. This will be done through engaging with our audiences on all of our social media platforms, assisting with internal and external email messaging, helping create content, updating our website, and assisting with advertising campaigns using analytics and marketing trends to optimize each facet. This Specialist, Marketing and Communications will execute marketing and membership initiatives to improve the reach of USMS, engagement of current audiences, acquisition of new members, and retention of current members in support of annual goals and the USMS Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Manage social media platforms by posting content, engaging with the audiences and tracking engagement values.
- Assist in coordination, messaging, scheduling, and analyzing email communications to our current members, prospective members and lapsed members with focus on brand awareness and affinity
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications staff on article and video creation through idea generation, coordinating timelines, and publishing.
- Assist in execution of the content marketing strategy through planning content releases to the right audience at the right time and be able to measure successes.
- Monitor usms.org, our most visible marketing platform, and make recommendations on user experience, customer flow and content relevancy using data and current marketing trends to guide your decision.
- Help build lead generation funnels through our digital presence or other marketing initiatives.
- Create digital marketing campaigns using standard advertising and remarketing techniques through social media, Google AdWords, and other advertising platforms while monitoring performance and presenting adjustments mid-campaign.
- Understand branding guidelines and be able to explain them to coaches, event directors, LMSC leaders, and members to assist in brand clarity efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications, or other bachelor’s degree with demonstrated commensurate experience.
- Prior National Governing Body, swimming and/or fitness industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated Sitecore CMS, Google AdWords and Google Analytics experience is a plus.
- Minimum two (2) years of social media management experience (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube).
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and collaborative storage platform (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive) skills are required.
- Ability to bring multiple projects to completion congruently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interact effectively and in a professional and diplomatic manner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to make clear recommendations and decisions.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and travel as required.
- Willingness to participate conference calls outside of traditional business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.