U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is accepting applications for the contract position of Front-End and UX Developer. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
U.S. Figure Skating is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law or regulation. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or computer related field.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Proficiency with typescript.
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Experience in drawing, wire-framing, doing lo-fi and hi-fi mockups, tap-responsive prototypes, and sometimes even coded prototypes.
- Proficiency with UX design tools such as Figma. Experience with graphic design applications is a plus.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Good knowledge of designing UX/UI with persona method
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of MVC Razor is a plus.
- Figure Skating experience is a plus.
Classification: Full-time, Independent Contractor
Reporting Requirement: Reports to the IT Development Team Lead
Pay: Commensurate with experience; Salary Range $40 -$60 / Hour