This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under the general direction of the Director of Software Development, the Software Developer Level II is directly responsible for coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting software throughout the application development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate on a consistent basis with direct supervisor all aspects of projects assigned.
- Design scalable architecture that follow the development guidelines provided and builds projects to specification and timescale.
- Develop data analysis capabilities, establish developer-client relationships.
- Develop the capability to manage all portions of projects assigned.
- Serve as a resource for Level I Developers.
- Document work carried out as requested.
- Code software systems.
- Daily testing, documenting and training.
- Attend daily scrum Meetings.
- Review Database Changes and compare to standards.
- Assist staff with computing issues when other members of the department are unavailable.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Continuous education on new software and technology.
- Monitor department activities in absence of supervisor.
- Perform maintenance on database servers.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide exemplary customer service to staff and members, with an emphasis on being helpful and finding resolutions that comply with the Federation’s strategic plan and information technology policies.
- Analytical or problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain performance under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities and maintain effectiveness at varying tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be involved with every aspect of the programming lifecycle.
- Ability to show initiative and be resourceful when creating solutions.
- Agile Development methodology knowledge a plus.
- Typing 20 wpm. Computer & Software Proficiency: Windows OS, VB.NET, C#, MVC, SQL Server, and Microsoft Office knowledge required.
- Working hours from 8:30am to 5pm with overtime as needed.
- Extended hours of availability, including some nights and weekends, periodic travel is required (10%).
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a programming position or related field is strongly preferred. Experience in Database Management is preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This is not a remote position.
**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**