This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under direction of the Controller & Director of Finance, this position will be responsible for maintaining bank reconciliations, and multiple accounting schedules, including fixed assets, leases, prepaid expenses, and deferred revenue. The Staff Accountant will review the general ledger and key reports for accuracy and completeness. This position will provide support the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams and other initiatives within the Finance department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Assist with compiling audit schedules and work closely with third party auditors.
- Review, update, and maintain accounting schedules; including fixed assets, leases, prepaid expenses, deferred revenue, and similar items.
- Prepare monthly and review monthly financial reports.
- Analyze monthly results against budget and prior year, researching variances.
- Provide additional support to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams.
- Perform clerical duties such as copying, sending faxes, email, and other communications.
- Other ad-hoc financial analysis and support as needed.
Goals and Objectives:
- Ensure financial information is secure and in compliance with GAAP.
- Exceptional service is provided to both internal and external customers, difficult customer situations are diffused and handled professionally, verbal and written communication is professional and accurate information and assistance is provided.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Inconsistencies and errors in financial processes are documented and reported to the Controller & Director of Finance.
- Work within the Finance department is completed within expected timeframes.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be detail oriented and capable of processing transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is preferred.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- 3-5 years accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
*This is not a remote position.
**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**