This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under direction of the Senior Director of Marketing, this full-time position is deeply involved with most, if not all, aspects of US Equestrian marketing and supports projects and events across the department. The Marketing Specialist must effectively communicate both within the Marketing department and USEF as a whole, as well as with individuals outside of the organization, and must be timely in responding to all. Diversity Equity and Inclusion Action Plan implementation is also a key area of focus for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage marketing projects working closely with others as needed but also able to work independently.
- Coordinates the contract process which includes: working with Legal on contract draft and approval, obtaining signature, securing executed/signed copy, distributing copies to operations, and maintenance of original event contracts.
- Provides service to all areas of the Marketing department. This includes frequent reminders, artwork/logo collection, e-blast coordination, social media coordination, and responding in a timely manner to any management or sponsor inquiries.
- Maintains historical databases and updates online management system (Trello).
- Works with USEF departments to correctly represent all marketing vehicles, i.e. Equestrian magazine, USEF.org, USEFNetwork.com, etc.
- Coordinates with USEF Travel & Events Director any sponsorships related to USEF Annual Meeting.
- Orders items in accordance with budget and handles delivery of such items.
- Coordinating event activations on-site for USEF banners, “joy tour” booth and sponsor deliverables.
- Special events pertaining to sponsorship and USEF promotional activities include, but are not limited to, the North American Youth Championships, the USEF Pony Finals, Breyerfest, Equitana, and the USEF Annual Meeting.
- The role will also assist with the USEF Disaster Relief Fund, coordinating and tracking relief efforts.
- Sponsor and USEF signage management, e-blast coordination and scheduling, cross department promotion coordination and communication, VIK tracking, and ensuring that all project management databases (including Trello) are up-to-date.
- This position will also support USEF marketing campaigns, promotional activities and material development as directed.
DE&I Action Plan Implentation
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion Action Plan implementation is a key area of focus for this role. Working closely with the Affiliate and Communications Specialist, this role will assist in establishing and managing the Community Outreach Organization and Opportunity Fund program.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Participation in event-related meetings. .
- Marketing and Sponsorship assistance and assignments as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability and willingness to travel and working weekends, after hours as needed
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
*This is not a remote position.
**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**