This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under the general direction of the Director of Technology Infrastructure, this position is responsible for assisting in the Hardware aspects of the USEF. This position assists in the technical planning, engineering, design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and support of Federation’s LAN/WAN infrastructure and network security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate on a consistent basis with direct supervisor all aspects of projects assigned.
- Administration of MS Windows 2016/2019 Server Active Directory environment.
- Support and troubleshoot network problems for Lexington, Columbus, and Gladstone offices.
- License management, backup management, and assist with PCI DSS Implementation.
- Design and plan LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- Administration, management and maintenance of LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- Administration, maintenance, and support of Federation Phone systems.
- Backup Management.
- Creation of new user accounts including Active Directory and Phone/Voicemail setup.
- Ad hoc projects consulting for internal and external staff.
- Generate reports for management including but not limited to web usage and phone reports.
- Workstation hardware/software maintenance for affiliates.
- Develop/streamline procedures for frequently performed tasks.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide exemplary customer service to staff and members, with an emphasis on being helpful and finding resolutions that comply with the Federation’s strategic plan and information technology policies. Project management skills; analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain performance under pressure.
- Team facilitation skills.
- Negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Cisco VoIP preferred.
- LAN/WAN, MS Windows server, MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, Cisco router, MS SQL Server, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, MS Software Update Service, Windows, MS Office, VMWare, Microsoft 365
- Extended hours of availability, including some nights and weekends, periodic travel is required (10%).
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree and/or 2+ years’ experience in computer systems/networking field preferred.
- A+ Certification, MCSE/MCITP; CCNA, working knowledge of telephone systems, voicemail, and call accounting software a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**