**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**
*Hybrid remote/in office option available*
(Eligible after satisfactory completion of training period)
This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect and leading the efforts to ensuring a safe, healthy, and positive environment that is free from abuse for all participants to train and compete in.
Under general supervision this position provides advanced administrative assistance to the General Counsel. Primary responsibilities include scheduling and organizing, filing, managing the flow of information, preparing and distributing communications and materials, attending and documenting meetings, managing and coordinating special projects, and communicating internally and externally. In fulfilling these responsibilities, this position interacts with executive and senior management, staff, members, committees, and the general public. Maintaining confidentiality is a primary requirement of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and assisting with the management of the General Counsel’s schedule.
- Managing the flow of large volumes of information received via mail, e-mail and fax, by:
Opening, logging, and tracking mail;
- Determining priority; and, sorting and distributing appropriately.
- Preparing and distributing communications and materials, including: preparing internal and external correspondence;
- designing charts, tables and/or graphs for use in printed materials and/or presentations; and, preparing, copying and forwarding materials for meetings.
- Answering telephone calls in the Executive department, responding to inquiries, providing information, taking messages, and referring calls when appropriate.
- Attending various meetings, taking detailed notes and when required, transcribing formal meeting minutes.
- Gathering information and assisting with periodic internal corporate audits;
- Managing the database for volunteer committee appointments;
- Managing and coordinating a variety of special projects.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MsWord, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills including demonstrated tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Two years clerical or customer service experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from black, indigenous, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.