**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**
**This is not a remote position**
This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under direction of the Director of Digital Marketing, this full-time position oversees management and execution of membership communication via e-mail and direct mail. This position is responsible for coordinating cross-department content for Equestrian Weekly newsletter e-mail which can include developing, writing, and editing content. Also, manages distribution of all weekly e-mail communication including sponsor, event, USEF Network, ShopUSEF, corporate, press, and sport communications. In addition, this position develops communication strategies for department/company initiatives such as Safe Sport, member benefits, membership renewal/promotions etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to improve department efficiencies through technology and streamline processes
- Work closely with other Marketing staff in communications, merchandise, sales, and social media to expand the brand presence
- Help grow the membership/contact database through communications, social media initiatives, online and printed materials, marketing projects and promotions
- Provide creative ways to engage current and prospective members of the organization.
- Assist in email campaign strategy conception to support USEF Network, Learning Center, newsletters, event promotion, sport coverage, and sponsored communications
- Manage day-to-day maintenance of email database in Acoustic with over 300,000 contacts
- Build database queries for targeted campaigns
- Communicate cross-departmentally to secure required assets
- Executing day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, and deployment of one-time, recurring, and triggered campaigns
- Report on KPI metrics and tracking to standardize frequency and strategy and make recommendations on how to continuously improve the programs
- Contribute to major US Equestrian cross-department initiatives such as the Olympics, World Cup Finals, World Championships, and National Championships
- Other duties as assigned
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports and make recommendations based on data.
- Basic understanding of surveying, statistics and research methodologies.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS. Intermediate preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in digital communications.
- Ability to execute multiple campaigns across mediums simultaneously.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in promoting the organization, sport and brand.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills and a desire to learn.
- Extended hours of availability, including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to travel periodically
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- At least two years of experience working in email marketing, communications, publishing, news media, or similar field.
- Equine experience and familiarity with various breeds/disciplines is preferred.
- Experience with CRM and email automation tools
- Experience with email campaign setup, testing, scheduling, and deployment
- Strong knowledge of current digital and email marketing industry best practices, trends, and challenges (CAN-Spam compliance, responsive design, deliverability, testing, email performance metrics, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Proficiency/previous experience in at least one ESP (Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Vertical Response, Salesforce, Acoustic)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management, time management, and attention to detail
- Self-starter with an ability to initiate projects and execute from start to finish
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.