**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Sport, this position is responsible for providing leadership to develop and promote the discipline of Endurance, Nationally and Internationally in compliance with the Federation’s policies and procedures. In fulfillment of these responsibilities, this position interacts with the associated Committees, organizing Committees, coaches, veterinarians, volunteers, affiliate groups, and staff. Of primary importance is overseeing the development and implementation of the Board approved Plan for the “Future of USEF Endurance”. This Plan seeks to re-launch the discipline of Endurance from Grassroots to World Championships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Promoting the sport of Endurance and enhancing the athlete’s ability to compete at the highest level to represent the United States in international competition by:
- Working with the Endurance Sport and other applicable committees, and USEF Departments to develop and implement the Plan for the “Future of USEF Endurance”.
- Promoting and facilitating the Grassroots growth of the discipline
- Implementing and managing Zone development & competitions
- Enhancing and establishing Championships at all levels
- Implementing athlete and equine record keeping, ranking lists and year end awards
- Establishing broad National and International program(s) with the goals of Equine welfare, safety and fair play aligning within the heart of each effort.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of Selection Procedures.
- Developing and implementing logistic plans to support U.S. Teams at international Championships.
- Providing leadership and administrative support to the Veterinary Panel, Selectors. Athletes, Coaches, and associated committees.
- Support the promotion of USEF Endurance, collaborating with Marketing and Communications to develop revenue streams and communication plans.
Providing leadership, advice, and support to associated committees, by:
- Planning and facilitating meetings.
- Staying abreast of issues concerning the sport.
- Drafting agendas and distributing meeting notices.
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes.
- Implementing committee decisions, including those requiring action by the Executive Committee.
- Coordinating all committee matters.
- Developing and administering the budget for the discipline of Endurance in accordance with USEF policies and procedures, and sourcing revenues to support programs and products.
- Serving as the Federation’s Endurance Representative at international forums, National and regional meetings, with breed or Sport horse organizations, andat competitions, serving as Team Leader and providing primary logistical support including securing housing and transportation for athletes and horses, shipping equipment, ensuring accreditation of riders, and providing athletes the opportunity to perform optimally.
- Coordinate development of effective and fair selection procedures.
- Facilitating and maintaining effective communication within the discipline community, and with staff and stakeholders of the Federation.
Goals and Objectives:
- Timelines and targets are developed and met for the implementation of the USEF “Future of Endurance”.
- The sport of Endurance is enhanced and USEF Endurance membership grows.
- Athletes have the opportunity to compete at the highest level, athlete selections are competitive and fair, and individuals and teams representing the United States, achieve success and win medals gracefully and fairly.
- US Endurance reasserts its leadership roles nationally and internationally in equine safety and fair play; standing for the true spirit of Endurance and our duty to the Equine sport and Equine partners.
- Facilitating relationships within the community and building complimentary relationships with other organizations
- Recruiting volunteer members willing to work for the benefit of Endurance.
- Further developing Young Rider involvement and retention.
- Expanding training, teaching, mentoring, clinical and educational programs.
- Exploring and reporting on funding, charitable or donation opportunities in accordance with USEF policies and procedures.
- Administrative duties related to the associated committee(s), and the sport, are performed effectively, committee decisions are implemented, all relevant matters are coordinated and accomplished, and committee objectives are met.
- Assisting the Director of Sport with analyzing Studying and developing an effective budget for the discipline.
- Effective logistical support is provided, athletes and Team staff have the opportunity to perform optimally, and individuals and teams representing the United States to successfully perform within the Rules.
- Communication is effectively maintained within the discipline community, information is distributed about upcoming projects and events, news, meetings, training sessions, etc., and the Federation website is maintained, in collaboration with marketing and information technology department procedures.
- Efforts and activities enhance the image of the Federation and build general awareness of the sport.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive, confidential, and difficult situations and people.
- The applicant must be able to assess and prioritize projects and issues within the broader mission and success of the Federation and its business interests.
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve with minimal oversight while interacting with members, affiliates and stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability meet deadlines and manage multiple projects. Knowledge of Federation rules is preferred.
- Ability to travel at a consistent basis to competitions and events required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college or practical education/experience is preferred.
- Experience with Equestrian sport preferred.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
- Extended hours of availability, including evenings and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
*This is not a remote position.