JOB SUMMARY: (this position is located in our Lexington, KY headquarters and is not eligible for remote work).
Under general supervision of the Competition Services Manager, the Competition & Results Consultant provides primary customer support and serves as a liaison to competition managers, organizers and secretaries. This position is responsible for reviewing and commenting on prize lists; facilitating issues regarding results, officials, entry forms and rules pertaining to events; coding competitions in AHSD for points, and providing complete customer service to competition staff from the beginning to end of each event. In addition, this position audits, reconciles and processes all results data submitted by competitions in order to ensure quality and completeness. This may involve contacting competition secretaries or other Federation staff to gather needed information, working with competition secretaries to improve quality and validity of submitted results, processing corrections to results, and communicating directly with members regarding any point issues. This position also prepares documented feedback to competitions and initiates the alleged rule violation when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides primary customer support by:
- Serving as liaison to competition managers, organizers and secretaries;
- Ensuring competition personnel understand and properly complete the competition process;
- Working with competition personnel to complete all documentation requirements properly;
- Answering questions about rules related to the competition;
- Assisting competitions in the prize list process;
- Assisting competition staff with all aspects of the competition.
- Reviews and comments on prize lists.
- Codes competitions in AHSD for points.
- Provides updates on rule changes to competition management when needed.
- Assists the competition services manager in receiving results into AHSD, and ensuring results are complete, accurate, and organized according to procedure prior to data entry or processing. Posts/processes results.
- Interfaces with competition managers and/or competition secretaries to obtain and improve the quality of results submitted by requesting additional information and by sending a Reconciliation Report. Requests Entry Blanks for missing or bad USEF numbers and for violations.
- Works with members to correct points of competitions that are processed.
- Prepares documentation of rule violations and gathers documentation for proposed alleged rule violations and submits documentation to the Competition Services Manager.
Goals and Objectives:
- Interaction with competition personnel and members is professional, promotes good working relationships, and results in improved quality of prize lists and results.
- Competition staff properly completes all documentation requirements for the competition.
- Questions from competition staff are answered, or directed to the appropriate staff effectively and efficiently.
- Prize lists are accurate and are reviewed in a timely manner.
- An exceptional level of customer service is provided to competition staff.
- Competitions are properly coded in AHSD and points are reflected correctly.
- Results data delivered is complete, accurate and organized according to procedure.
- All work is completed within the required timeframes and workflow is coordinated to meet departmental deadlines.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- Two years clerical or customer service experience required.
- Knowledge of USEF Rules highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
*This is not a remote position.
**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**