Zero Gravity Basketball – Assistant to the Regional Director Summer Intern
Zero Gravity Basketball is a youth basketball event operator based out of Wilmington, MA and is the market leader of grassroots events throughout the Northeast, expanding to new markets in the South, Midwest and the Capital District in the past 12 months. Zero Gravity plans and manages basketball tournaments, leagues, prep school showcases, clinics and camps for children and young adults to expand their academics through athletic participation. Zero Gravity has many established partnerships including Adidas, USA Basketball and the Jr. NBA.
The Zero Gravity Assistant to the Regional Director Internship is a 3 month (Mid May - Mid August) paid position based out of our corporate office in Wilmington, MA. The Assistant to the Regional Director Intern will work under the guidance of the Regional Director and Regional Coordinators to plan and implement events and tournaments on a weekly basis. Previous intern’s have gone on to get hired as Division 1 Basketball coaches, front-office positions in professional sports, and many have been offered full-time positions with Zero Gravity Basketball.
*Resume and cover letter required with application.*
- Securing and confirming facilities for Zero Gravity events in your region
- Assist in hiring part-time event staff on a weekly basis and training them in various capacities (Ticket Sales, Scorekeeping, Site Directing, etc.)
- Registering and collecting payments from our vast customer base on a weekly basis
- Confirming teams’ and programs’ tournament schedules on a weekly basis
- Assisting with venue/facility setup and breakdown each week
- Acting as a Site Director at Zero Gravity events and tournaments each weekend throughout our Spring Season
- Drive revenue growth through building/maintaining strong customer relationships
- Major in Sport Management, Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Desire to be an industry leader in sports management
- Ability to work in an extremely demanding, fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Prior event management experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to work extended hours including nights and weekends
- Willing to travel frequently to various locations including the New England, Tri-State, Mid-Atlantic or Southern Regions
About Zero Gravity Basketball
Zero Gravity was born out of the need for every team at every grade level, boys & girls, in each club basketball program, to have a fun and professional tournament experience each week. We have a SIMPLE MISSION: every basketball player (boy or girl) can play on a great stage, against the appropriate competition, in great venues with safe atmospheres, in an organized fashion on a weekly basis.
CUSTOMER SERVICE is our #1 priority before, during and after each tournament. We focus on the experience of the PLAYERS, COACHES, TEAM-SUPPORTERS & PROGRAM DIRECTORS. Paying close attention to all these groups is vitally important to fulfilling OUR MISSION & PROMISE to deliver a circuit of exceptional basketball tournament weekend experiences. Zero Gravity provides the ability to plan a club’s tournament season and outfit programs in high quality Adidas basketball gear and apparel.
In the rapidly changing world of technology & social media, ZG takes pride in being on the cutting edge of grassroots technology. From our scheduling systems, means of communication to our customers & exposure through social media we take pride in constantly being on top of trends & the high paced realities of technology in our world today. Zero Gravity has become the destination for "every team" in grassroots club basketball, from the elementary school developmental team to the High School team competing on the National level, along with the coaches, program directors & team supporters that provide & share the experience with them!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.