West Coast Elite is searching for an energetic, passionate, and experienced basketball coach to coach Youth Teams in the South Bay of Los Angeles. The candidate must possess excellent communication, teaching, and leadership skills. These teams will conduct two (2) practices per week and attend two (2) tournaments per month. A top-class youth sports coach ensures all youth team members enjoy an engaging and uplifting sporting experience.
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Design and implement basketball strategies.
- Schedule and run team practice sessions.
- Ensure proper sideline behavior from team members and parents.
- Ensure the safety of the team during practice sessions and games.
- Emphasize skills development including safety, fair play, and sportsmanship.
- Work to improve team unity and sportsmanship.
- Communicate directly with parents for information about the team.
- High school diploma or GED.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Proven work experience as a youth sports coach.
- Youth teaching experience is preferred.
- Passion for youth development.
- In-depth knowledge of sporting strategies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Patient and understanding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.