3STEP is designed to give every athlete, parent, and coach involved the premier sport experience. Established in 2001, 3STEP operates more than 1,100 events and dozens of club programs for athletes ages 8-18 spanning 40+ states and across seven sports.
The Facility Manager for 3STEP is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the facility management, including scheduling, programming, human resources, communication, and facilities planning. This is a full-time position, with primary responsibilities with Internal Programming of 3STEP as well as and Facility Rentals for external customers.
- Manage the facility to ensure a safe and secure environment for participants and staff.
- In conjunction with the Director of Facilities Management and VP, Facilities, establish routines and enforce program policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure compliance with the State of Massachusetts regulatory standards.
- Conduct risk management and safety training of all activities and employees.
- Recruit, hire, and train employees for operational management of the facility.
- Supervise and evaluate employee performance in accordance with program policies.
- Maintain schedules to proactively and efficiently maintain the occupied space of the facility with minimal disruption.
- Oversee all scheduled activities and make any necessary changes.
- Operate and be knowledgeable of scheduling software. Prepare reports for and communicate with the Director of Facilities Management.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Additional Facility Manager duties as deemed necessary from the Director of Facilities Management and/or VP, Facilities.
- In conjunction with the Director of Facilities Management, assure all clients are under contract, have provided the proper paperwork (i.e., certificate of insurance, team rosters, etc.)
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5+ years of facility management experience in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with camp staff and other departments, campus wide.
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing and supporting staff
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally.
- Patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled and dependable.
- Extensive knowledge of the laws that pertain to all camp activities in the State of Massachusetts.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees, customers, and parents.
- Ability to effectively present information Computer Skills
- Strong skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft office suite (EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with facility scheduling software.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time around campus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to sit at a desk working on a computer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.