3Step Lacrosse is seeking an outgoing, motivated Event Sales Manager to fill our team and individual events. In this role, your primary tasks will involve connecting with potential customers (both clubs and individual players) and securing their participation. This is a salary-based sales position that gives you the opportunity to build upon a well-established series of both team and individual events. 3Step Lacrosse is headquartered in Denver, CO, however the position can be done from anywhere.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage (and fill) our events calendar
- Determine sales goals
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Serve as our primary point of contact for club customers
- Maintain and populate sales database (CRM system)
- Collaborate with our extended sales team in the different markets and brands
- Collaborate with our corporate marketing team
- Develop promotions or specialty packages to entice new customers
- Work with and for 3Step Lacrosse Director of Sales
- Work with 3Step Director of Marketing
- Work with 3Step Lacrosse Executive team (VP of Lacrosse, Director of Lacrosse, and Director of Operations)
- Work with 3d, Thunder, Kings and other brand Directors to sell team and individual events internally
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate
- Contribute to the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong sales and communication skills / experience are paramount for this position
- Team player who can work effectively in a fast growing, dynamic environment
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good business intuition
- High energy, passion and drive to be successful
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and other database software
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality, marketing, or a related field preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Organizational and communication skills
This position may supervise other managers in the field on a part time basis as well as coordinators.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are non-traditional and will include evenings and weekends. Hours can be expected to be upward of 16 hours/day especially during tournaments, events, the summer season and other programs throughout the year.
Frequent travel is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited university.
- 6 to 8 years of experience with Sales and / or Event operations.
- Experience in lacrosse as a coach and / or player helpful but not mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.