3d Lacrosse is seeking an outgoing, motivated Event Operations and Sales Manager to manage, operate and fill our team and individual events. In this role, your primary tasks will involve logistical planning, connecting with potential customers, securing their participation, and assisting in the onsite execution of those events. This is a salary-based sales position that gives you the opportunity to build upon a well-established series of both team and individual events. 3d Lacrosse is headquartered in Denver, CO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage (and fill) our events calendar
- Perform event operation tasks like scheduling, pre-event logistics, and onsite event management
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Serve as our primary point of contact for club customers
- Maintain and populate sales database
- Work with the sales and events team to develop promotions or specialty packages to entice new customers
- Work for the 3d Lacrosse Director of Events, the 3STEP National Director of Events, and the 3Step Lacrosse Director of Sales
- Work with the 3STEP marketing team to develop strategic marketing initiatives
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate
- Contribute to the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong sales and communication skills / experience are paramount for this position
- Team player who can work effectively in a fast growing, dynamic environment
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good business intuition
- High energy, passion and drive to be successful
- Willingness to travel (travel approximately 15% - 20%)
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Google Suite and other database software
- A bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality, marketing, events, or a related field preferred
- Event planning experience strongly preferred
- Organizational and communication skills
This position may supervise other managers in the field on a part time basis as well as coordinators.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are mostly traditional with non-traditional about 20% of the time (include evenings and weekends). For those non-traditional work periods, hours can be expected to be upward of 16 hours/day especially during tournaments, events, and busy season.
Travel is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited university.
- 3 to 6 years of experience with Sales and / or Event operations.
- Experience in lacrosse as a coach and / or player helpful but not mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.