3STEP Sports is looking for a Buyer/Demand Planner. 3STEP Sports in Wilmington, MA is the largest youth sport event and club operator in the nation. Established in 2001, 3STEP operates more than 1,100 events and dozens of club programs for athletes ages 8-18 spanning 40+ states and across seven sports. This position would work directly with our valued supply partners and our owned apparel dealer Champions Choice, who is the largest volume supplier for Adidas Team Sales of College Division I quality uniforms and footwear in the United States.
The Buyer/Demand Planner is a full-time position and would be stationed at the company’s headquarters and go back and forth between 3Step Warehouse. This position will be essential in helping our club/event business grow. You will be a part of our bench and be called upon to step up and eventually take on a leadership role when the time comes.
Overall, the role will:
- Collaborate in developing company wide systems, demand planning/allocation tools.
- Monitor, analyze and deliver business results using KPI’s, insights to inform and recommend short and long term strategies and action plans
- Manage Inventory and replenishment needs
- Build relationships with vendors and manage and maintain maximum discounts
- Obtain delivery information on all orders and communicate
- Negotiate returns with vendors
- Plan and fulfill booking orders to match with allotment/spending minimums with each brand
- Be able to work in Fishbowl and Monday to update timely information to ensure on time delivery and provide clear visibility into each sport category
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Work with Account Managers to understand each sport category and their needs to outfit the club/athlete and event
- Work cross functionally across the organization, including sales, marketing, finance, and operations
- Improve and maintain on time delivery to customers
- Extend & scale capabilities to meet 3Step growth targets profitability
- College degree
- 3-5 year experience in buying/planning
- Ability to speak to large audiences and communicate effectively
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Sound negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Process and data driven
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.