We are looking for highly-motivated individuals to serve as a Club Basketball Coaches for East Coast Power Basketball. Coaches should possess a passion for positive youth development fostered by sport.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Planning all practice sessions and games
- Instructing and demonstrating skill sets and techniques necessary for the development and athletic achievement in the sport
- Communicating with players and parents on a regular basis
- Setting an overall positive tone on and off the court.
- Demonstrating good sportsmanship and maintain appropriate conduct towards athletes, opposing team, officials, spectators, etc.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with youth in schools, afterschool/summer camp programs or community settings a plus
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Positive communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Available to be in regular attendance at practice sessions and games.
All coaches must possess or obtain the following state and federal clearances prior to training and before engaging in any hands-on activities with young people per PA Act153 and East Coast Power Basketball.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Background Check (Criminal History Report)
- NCSI Background Screen
- Abuse Prevention Training
Coaches are paid a flat rate for the club season.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.