3 Step Lacrosse is looking for an energetic and experienced Associate Director of Events to organize and oversee a large portfolio of youth lacrosse events for Aloha Tournaments and the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. The Event Operations Director will direct all activities related to the execution of 20+ youth lacrosse events including: strategy, financial planning, marketing/sales, operations, administration and customer service. Our 2020 tournament season will consist of boys and girls lacrosse tournaments and showcases throughout the United States, including the World Series of Youth Lacrosse championship which is played in a collegiate stadium and broadcast live on ESPN2. Our events annually attract 25,000 players and their families to participate in an unparalleled youth sports experience. For more information about our portfolio of youth lacrosse events, please visit us at www.threestep.com, www.alohatournaments.com and www.worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com.
This position is, above all, a project manager who embraces all facets of successful event execution. The Event Operations Director must be well versed in marketing and promotion techniques while at the same time, possesses excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task on site in a fast-paced environment. She/he must be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. The Associate Director of Events will maintain regular office hours in Timonium, MD during most weeks but will also work 12+ weekend events throughout the year, several which require out-of-town travel. This is a fast-paced and dynamic position with a variety of roles and a significant amount of responsibility. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan events from start to finish, from conceptualization to execution.
- Coordinate all aspects of operations, administration and logistics for each event.
- Prepare financial plans and budgets and ensure that financial targets are met.
- Oversee all sales and marketing efforts including outbound sales calls, customer relationship management, email marketing, promotional partnerships and advertising.
- Maintain and update content on various communication platforms including website, registration systems, social media and email marketing software.
- Communicate with all stakeholders including staff, teams, coaches, referees, facilities, athletic trainers, vendors and sponsors leading up to each event.
- Prepare tournament divisional alignment and create game schedules.
- Oversee procurement of facilities, equipment rentals, shipping, supplies, apparel, branded assets, referees, athletic trainers, event staff, sponsors/vendors and event partners.
- Oversee preparation and transportation of supplies, equipment, branding, administrative materials merchandise for each event; manage inventory and organization of warehouse.
- Manage event operations team, support staff and interns on a daily basis.
- Supervise all event staff, including event coordinators and field personnel.
- Ensure fun and safe environment for all players, coaches, spectators and employees.
- Manage all aspects of event operations from start to finish: travel, logistics, setup/breakdown, check-in, hospitality, merchandising, gameplay, scoring, trophy presentation and dispute/conflict resolution.
- Activate with sponsors, vendors and media partners; fulfill event branding strategy with social media and other on-site promotional efforts.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in event operations, athletics or a similar role.
- Leadership experience with proven decision-making ability.
- Extremely organized and process-oriented with a high attention to detail.
- Background in lacrosse or other sports is preferred.
- Strong technology skills; proficient in MS Office, website management, social media and digital marketing platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Sports Management, Events & Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, or other related fields).
- Willingness to travel, perform physical labor and work on weekends.