3 Step Sports is looking for an energetic Event Coordinator to assist in organizing a large portfolio of youth lacrosse events for 3d Events. The Event Coordinator will assist the Event Operations Manager in all activities related to the execution of 20+ youth lacrosse events including: strategy, planning, marketing/sales, operations, administration and customer service. Our 2021 tournament season will consist of boys and girls lacrosse tournaments and showcases throughout the United States. You can learn more at www.3dlacrosse.com.
This position is, above all, a program coordinator who embraces all facets of successful event execution. The Event Coordinator must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to multi-task on site in a fast-paced environment. They must be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. The Event Coordinator will maintain regular office hours in Denver, CO during most weeks, but will also work 12+ weekend events throughout the year, several which require out-of-town travel. This is a fast-paced and dynamic position with a variety of roles and a significant amount of responsibility. Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Event Operations Manager in planning events from start to finish, from conceptualization to execution.
- Coordinate aspects of operations, administration and logistics for each event.
- Assist in sales and marketing efforts including outbound sales calls, customer relationship management, email marketing, promotional partnerships and advertising.
- Maintain and update content on various communication platforms including website, registration systems, social media and email marketing software.
- Manage communications with all stakeholders including staff, teams, coaches, referees, facilities, athletic trainers, vendors and sponsors leading up to each event.
- Assist Event Operations Manager in tournament divisional alignment and create game schedules.
- Manage procurement of equipment rentals, shipping, supplies, apparel, branded assets, referees, athletic trainers, event staff, sponsors/vendors and event partners.
- Manage preparation and transportation of supplies, equipment, branding, administrative materials merchandise for each event; manage inventory and organization of warehouse.
- Assist in supervision event staff, including event coordinators and field personnel.
- Ensure fun and safe environment for all players, coaches, spectators and employees.
- Support in managing all aspects of event operations from start to finish: travel, logistics, setup/breakdown, check-in, hospitality, merchandising, gameplay, scoring, trophy presentation and dispute/conflict resolution.
- Support in activation with sponsors, vendors and media partners; fulfill event branding strategy with social media and other on-site promotional efforts.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in event operations, athletics or a similar role.
- Management experience with proven decision-making ability.
- Extremely organized and process-oriented with a high attention to detail.
- Background in lacrosse or other sports is preferred.
- Strong technology skills; proficient in MS Office, website management, social media and digital marketing platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Sports Management, Events & Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, or other related fields).
- Willingness to travel, perform physical labor and work on weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.