Senior New Sales Consultant - Purdue University - The Aspire Group (West Lafayette, IN)
The Aspire Group, LLC
West Lafayette, IN
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Reports To: Sr. Director/Manager Development & Sales
Purpose and Description:
Purdue and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive and passionate individual that is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader. Sales Consultant’s revenue will be generated primarily via outbound phone calls. These calls will be supplemented with email marketing, face-to-face presentations and in-arena/stadium tours. Day to day leadership and mentoring of this career growth oriented sports sales development program will be provided by Aspire Management. Sales Consultants will receive the tools, programs and systems necessary for them to "BE GREAT."
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs outbound calls for Purdue's Athletic Department in order to create sales opportunities for all Athletic Ticket Inventory to include Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball. Inventory available for sale from this location include, but is not limited to: new season tickets, partial season ticket plans, group ticket plans, individual game tickets, and premium seating.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service
- Grow sales significantly each week by attracting additional business leads
- Maintain computerized records of all prospects and customers within the Paciolan database
- Make 80-100 outbound calls daily
- Ability to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
The following are required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail-oriented
- Previous customer service or retail sales experience; displays a genuine desire to help people
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative
- 1-2 years of Ticket Sales Experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Experience in ticket sales is preferred
- Ticketing software experience preferred
Required Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Desired Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, with the opportunity to earn commission on meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.
How did you hear about this job?