Manager, Ticket Sales and Service - Rutgers University with The Aspire Group in Piscataway, NJ
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Piscataway, NJ
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
Manager, Ticket Sales and Service
Director, FRMC, The Aspire Group
Expiration Date: 2/28/2019
Who We Are & What We Are About: Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com .
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training program in the sport industry.
Partnership: Rutgers University Division of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in New Brunswick, NJ. The Rutgers University Division of Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Rutgers University Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. Rutgers University and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: The Manager of Ticket Sales and Service should have a track record of success in managing a Ticket Sales and Service team. This Manager will oversee a staff of up to 15 sales and service consultants. The Rutgers Athletics FRMC will perform outbound calls and service inbound calls for Rutgers Athletics with a concentration on Football, Men’s & Women’s Basketball, and Wrestling.
Inventory which is available for sale from the Rutgers FRMC include, but not limited to:
a. Season Tickets
b. Premium Seating Sales
c. Mini and Flex Plans
d. Group Ticket Sales
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling and maintaining our secondary market partners as well as select groups
- Generate new business though outbound call campaigns
- Fill in for sales reps as seen fit by the Sales Director
- Manage books of business during periods lacking consultant oversight
- Assist in the development and execution of approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise staff of up to 15 Sales and Service Consultants.
- Facilitate Aspire’s Best in Breed, Raise Your Game (RYG) Executive Development
- Program/Including monthly “Green Light Training Session”
- Lead, motivate, develop, coach and retain sales staff for future succession and opportunities within the FRMC, and The Aspire Group globally
- Grow business significantly each year
- Act as a liaison of The Aspire Group with the Athletic Department
- Monitor, manage and evaluate sales staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket and group sales target markets
- Continually develop the Ticket Sales program in the following areas: new business generation, sales leadership, development of sales strategies, sales training, development of best sales practices and results tracking and reporting
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability reports. Assist with bookkeeping and tracking sales consultant’s commissions
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Rutgers Athletic Department
Education and Experience:
- Possess a degree in relevant field, a minimum of 2 years of sports ticket sales and service experience with at least 1 year in Inside Sales/ Ticketing Management preferred.
- Experience with Paciolan preferred.
- Must be able to communicate equally well with executives, staff and fans at all levels and be comfortable in a very close supervisory and intense training environment.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, with the opportunity to earn commission by meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with matching program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?