Reports To: Senior Director of Ticket Sales & Service, FRMC, The Aspire Group
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Recently recognized by Forbes
as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research, ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement, and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our client partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com
Kansas Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales and service team in Lawrence, KS. Kansas Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Kansas Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every client. Kansas Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
University of Kansas Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a Manager of Ticket Sales and Service with the responsibility of generating new revenue and servicing existing accounts, assisting in leading the New Business and Service Consultant staff, and act as a liaison for The Aspire Group and KU Athletics. The Manager will be integral in the day to day leadership and structure for the new business and service staff and the development of ticket sales & service strategies. This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales & service efforts and passionate about staff leadership and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform outbound calls and executes face-to-face meetings to generate new ticket sales and servicing a book of business while managing the sales and service staff. This location concentrates on sales for Football, Men’s & Women’s Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Women’s Soccer and donations for the Williams Education Fund (WEF). Inventory available for sale from this property include: season tickets, premium seating season tickets, season ticket upgrades, upsells & add-ons, group ticket packages and fan experience packages, partial/mini-plan packages, single game tickets, and WEF and Capital Campaign Donations.
· Sell new tickets and service existing donor and season ticket accounts for all ticketed sports
· Lead, motivate, develop and retain sales and service staff for future succession within the department and The Aspire Group organization
· Act as a liaison for The Aspire Group and KU Athletics
· Serve as a member of the external operations team and take part in weekly strategy meetings
· Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Fan Relationship Management Center profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service
· Prospect and target new sales opportunities to include season tickets, group tickets and donations
· Focusing on personal sales and service goals and contributing to annual revenue growth
· Assist Director with recruiting, hiring, training and supervision of the ticket sales and service teams
· Execute annual business and sales plan goals and operating budget
· Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and provide follow up with staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development
· Maintain computerized records of all prospects and customers within the Paciolan and SalesForce databases
· Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs
· Ongoing development of New Ticket Sales and Ticket Service program in the following areas: new business generation, season tickets, sales leadership, development of sales & service strategies, sales & service training, development of best practices and results tracking and reporting
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or related field or equivalent work experience
· 2-3 years of sports ticket sales experience with a minimum of 1 year in Ticket Sales or Service Management preferred
· Previous working experience with The Aspire Group preferred
· Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail-oriented
· Experience with Paciolan ticketing software and CRM program preferred
· Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
· Professional image and demeanor at all times
· Ability to work well with others and confidence when taking initiative
· Available to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends
· Ability to effectively coach and manage others
· Advanced interpersonal skills
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, with the opportunity to earn commission on meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and other voluntary health benefits and 401k matching program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.