Manager, Sales and Service - South Dakota State University with The Aspire Group in Brookings · SD
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Brookings · SD
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Job Title: Manager, Sales and Service
Job Title: Manager, Sales and Service
Reports To: Vice President, Fan Relationship Management
South Dakota State University
Brookings, SD 57007
Expiration Date: 03/29/2021
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Aspire is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is our most valuable asset, and we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences.
Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing, and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At the Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36-month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: The South Dakota State University Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Brookings, South Dakota. The South Dakota State University Athletics Department has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution, and is led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. The South Dakota State University Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts, passionate about staff leadership and development, and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. This position will manage all ticket sales at the South Dakota State University Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC), which will includes outbound calls and service inbound calls on behalf of the University Athletics department with a concentration on the University’s ticketed sports. Inventory which is available for sale include, but not limited to:
- Season tickets,
- Season ticket upgrades and add-ons
- Group tickets
- Partial/ Mini-Plan ticket packages
- Single game tickets
- Bowl game tickets
- Chair back cushion seats
- Donations to the Athletic Department
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing a nondiscriminatory approach that provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement, embracing and encouraging our employees’ differences, and championing an environment where every team member feels valued:
- Recruit and hire a Sales and Service team with diversity of age, race and ethnicity, gender, experiences, thinking styles, perspectives etc.
- Train and supervise Sales and Service staff.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals, follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain Sales and Service staff for future succession within the department and The Aspire Group organization.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies, including an acute focus on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Discrimination and Harassment policies, engaging with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develop and execute approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget.
- Run day-to-day operations of the new Fan Relationship Management Center profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Grow business significantly each year.
- Act as the principal liaison of the Aspire Group with the Athletic Department.
- Develop, present and communicate Ticket Sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket and group sales target markets.
- Continually develop the Ticket Sales program in the following areas: new business generation, sales leadership, development of sales strategies, sales training, development of best sales practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability reports.
- Handle all bookkeeping, commission reporting, staff payroll processing etc.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Provide recommendations to The Aspire Group and Athletic Department on marketing, promotions, sales strategies and community ticket/ sampling programs etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Belief that a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility, equity and fairness that enables individuals to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported is key to success; personally, professionally and for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three (3) years in Ticket Sales
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional image and demeanor
- Ability to work well with others and confidence when taking initiative
- Effective problem-solving ability
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding ticket/development sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.
How did you hear about this job?