50/50 Raffle Seller with University of Maryland in College Park, MD
University of Maryland jobs
Sports Jobs in College Park, MD
Terrapin Club 50/50 RAFFLE SELLER
Maryland Athletics is partnering with The Aspire Group to conduct 50/50 raffles benefiting the Terrapin Club scholarship fund at Maryland Football and Men’s Basketball home games and other select athletic events. Fifty percent of the net proceeds from each event’s raffle ticket sales will go to one lucky fan and the remainder will support scholarships for the University of Maryland’s 500+ student-athletes. Tickets will be sold by Terrapin Club 50/50 Raffle Sellers by mobile sellers as well as at four kiosks located throughout the stadium and arena. The Terrapin Club is seeking highly motivated, task oriented individuals to fill game day 50/50 Raffle Seller positions. These individuals will work with the Terrapin Club’s annual giving staff to enhance the game day experience. The position requires evening and weekend hours as scheduled for Maryland Football and Men’s Basketball home games and other select athletic events.
Assistant Director for Annual Giving
- 50/50 Raffle Sellers will be responsible for
- Approaching fans pregame and in-game to explain the details of the 50/50 Raffle program and offer the opportunity to purchase tickets,
- Answer fan questions regarding the raffle program, as well as basic Maryland Stadium/XFINITY Center and Terrapin Club information
- Accurately facilitate the sale and distribution of raffle tickets, following program requirements,
- Turn in all cash and tickets throughout and at the end of the event,
- Accurately handle the reconciliation of tickets sold and financials,
- Understand the mission of the Terrapin Club,
- Represent the Terrapin Club and Maryland Athletics as a brand ambassador.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to walk or stand for long periods of time and climb stairs
- Enthusiastic, approachable and self-motivated
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent education, some college preferred
- Must be able to take and follow directions well
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Above average communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and outgoing
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must have reliable transportation
- Prior customer service or sales experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?