In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Position: Sr. Manager, Marketing Automation Strategy
Department: Digital Marketing
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Senior Director, Digital Marketing
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Tepper Sports & Entertainment, the parent company for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers, MLS’s Charlotte FC, and Bank of America Stadium is seeking an experienced and innovative Sr. Manager, Marketing Automation Strategy. This position, which will sit on the Digital Marketing team, will manage and execute the day-to-day operations of the email marketing efforts for the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte FC and Bank of America Stadium.
This role will be responsible for the planning, execution, and measurement of all email marketing and SMS messaging campaigns that increase fan engagement and drive incremental sales. The role will be expected to constantly innovate, combine best practices and unique ideas for fan engagement with email and SMS content, and monitor and track all revenue performance metrics. This role requires someone who is detail oriented, can effectively interact with business leaders, develop a communication strategy feedback loop, and effectively manage competing priorities and aggressive scope. A successful candidate will be passionate about producing high-quality results and creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Own the entire email marketing and SMS strategy and execution for the complete Tepper Sports & Entertainment portfolio of businesses.
- Responsible for planning and developing overall email marketing strategy, leading a team, and ensuring that all business goals are met
- Set up and implement on-time delivery of all dedicated email marketing and SMS campaigns
- Build automations and triggered workflows within email and SMS that will help with the engagement, acquisition, and retention of fans and prospects for the Carolina Panthers Charlotte FC, and Bank of America Stadium.
- Develop a strategy to grow our SMS capabilities to be best-in-class for a sports and entertainment franchise.
- Translate business goals into accurate campaign requirements and plans, including but not limited to specifying required data, segmentation/targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements.
- Work with the Business Analytics Team to segment audiences and manage distribution lists to ensure the right content is delivered to the right audience at the right time.
- Coordinate the collection of content for email campaigns across multiple departments.
- Facilitate the QA process by reviewing and approving all campaign test files, providing approval for deployment, and ensuring flawless execution of all campaigns and test scenarios for all emails.
- Monitor and track metrics on email marketing campaigns and deliver reports and insights to stakeholders.
- Launch measurable A/B and multivariate testing across email campaigns and continually strive to optimize email campaigns, automations, and workflows.
- Work closely with all departments to ideate new email campaigns, automations, strategies, and workflows to help drive increased engagement.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, or communications.
- At least 10+ years of experience in marketing automation, email marketing, and SMS messaging.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate, and present email marketing strategy performance to calculate ROI and understand revenue attribution
- A passion and track record for customer-centric marketing.
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other enterprise-level ESP
- Work at the intersection of written content, marketing, and email best practices to deliver engaging emails to segmented audiences to drive more significant revenue and engagement
- Strong project management skills; managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Complete understanding of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade others with diplomacy and tact; work with numerous partners of differing levels, flexing interaction style as required.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all, Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Football Club, and possible Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Proven experience running comprehensive email campaigns from planning to execution
- Complete working knowledge of building workflow automations to nurture email subscribers along a journey based on their engagement.
- Experience with Monday.com or similar project management software.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve the desired outcome
- Experience within a fast-paced industry and ability to maintain standards under pressure.
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization, and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information carefully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Lift at least 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.