*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position: Group Ticket Coordinator
Department: Ticket Sales & Services
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Group Sales Manager
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. TSE is now building an effective MLS organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community. The team will play its first game in MLS in spring 2021 with all home games being played at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
- Drive Revenue for Charlotte MLS Ticket Sales through various Group Ticket initiatives.
- Assist with creation and execution of group experience ideas and programs, including planning events or theme nights for companies, community groups, themes, youth soccer teams, etc.
- Assist internal departments (Community Outreach, Partnership, and Marketing) with creating group sales packages.
- Meet and exceed group sales objectives while supporting a culture of high productivity and innovation.
- Generate sales through cold calling, referral gathering, networking, and appointment setting.
- Generate new leads and research new ways to sell tickets, remain up to date on best practices.
- Represent Charlotte MLS in various club promotions, charity functions, speaking engagements.
- Assist (as needed) in the development, coordination, implementation of game day activities.
- Provide Sales Manager with necessary support/statistical data
Sales & Service Responsibilities:
- Provide extreme customer service to all clients, including relationship building, day to day operations, written correspondence, phone calls, account inquiries, appointment scheduling, follow up, etc.
- Update customer records in CRM to document all appropriate details and information
- Work with Ticket Operations to ensure all accounts are up-to-date on ticket delivery, payment, etc.
- Assist in determining and implementing enhancement programs for current customers to generate sales and retention as well as locate incremental revenue opportunities
- Ensure proper maintenance of Group Sales Accounts is performed and current quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Sell Season Ticket Memberships and Single Game Tickets when necessary
- Assist in the overall success & meeting goals of the sales area of the Ticket Office
- Assist with all functions of the Ticket Office including, but not limited to, ticket sales, phone calls, written correspondence, special promotions and programs, etc.
- Administrative duties including filing, answering phones, and providing support to other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Department Leadership
- At least 2 years of ticket sales experience at the collegiate or professional level
- Must be flexible and available to work evenings and/or weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Archtics ticketing system
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on motivating and innovating
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.