Position: Email Marketing Coordinator
Department: Digital Marketing
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Performance Marketing Manager
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Charlotte Football Club is bringing Major League Soccer to the Carolinas and will begin play in Uptown Charlotte in early 2022. The Club’s mission is to be a unifying force that is bigger than one city and encourage a sense of belonging through a progressive, collective, and ambitious approach that guides efforts on and off the pitch. CLTFC is committed to driving growth through the sport and community outreach. Charlotte FC’s home is Bank of America Stadium which is currently undergoing soccer-specific renovations totaling $50 million. These updates will provide an elite venue for MLS matches and a unique experience for players and fans. Charlotte FC is owned by David Tepper and is a part of Tepper Sports & Entertainment, which also includes Bank of America Stadium and the Carolina Panthers. For more information, visit CharlotteFootballClub.com.
The Email Marketing Coordinator will handle the day-to-day operations of the email marketing efforts for Charlotte FC. This role will be responsible for creating engaging email campaigns supporting team news, revenue-driving campaigns, organizational and informational (i.e. ticketholder, event, etc.) initiatives and any other needs that arise. The Email Marketing Coordinator will be expected to constantly innovate, combining best practices and unique ideas for fan engagement with email content. This role will also be responsible for monitoring and tracking all email metrics.
- Set-up and implement on-time delivery of all dedicated email campaigns.
- Build automations and triggered workflows that will help with the engagement, acquisition, and retention of fans and prospects for Charlotte FC.
- Work with Performance Marketing Manager and the Business Analytics Team to segment audiences and manage distribution lists to ensure the right content is delivered to the right audience at the right time.
- Coordinate the collection of content for email campaigns across multiple departments.
- Facilitate the QA process by reviewing and approving all campaign test files, providing approval for deployment and ensuring flawless execution of all campaigns and test scenarios.
- Monitor and track metrics on email marketing campaigns and deliver reports and insights to stakeholders.
- Launch measurable A/B and multivariate testing across email campaigns and continually strive for optimizing email campaigns, automations, and workflows.
- Work closely with the Performance Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Director to ideate new email campaigns, automations, strategies, and workflows to help drive increased engagement.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism
- 3-7 years’ experience running email campaigns
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other enterprise level ESP
- Work at the intersection of written content, marketing and email best practices to deliver engaging emails to segmented audiences to drive greater revenue and engagement
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Full understanding of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) .
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade others with diplomacy and tact; work with numerous partners of differing levels, flexing interaction style as required.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all, Charlotte Football Club and possible Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Proven experience running comprehensive email campaigns from planning to execution
- Complete working knowledge with building workflow automations to nurture email subscribers along a journey based off their engagement
- Experience within a fast-paced industry
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcome
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills
- Agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Lift at least 20 pounds
This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.