*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position: Education and Welfare Coordinator
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Academy Manager
Status: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
Charlotte FC Overview
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. Now named Charlotte FC, the club is building to be an organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community. The club is set to kick off its inaugural game in Spring 2022 and will play all of its home games at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
Charlotte FC Academy Overview
The Charlotte FC Academy will develop some of the most talented soccer players in the nation, with the aim of earning a professional contract with Charlotte FC. The mission is to develop Homegrown Players comparable to the world’s best. As the program develops, the academy will aim to provide an average of two players per year to MLS. The club will emphasize the holistic development of each individual, producing well-rounded individuals who become valuable members of the community.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring the Education and Welfare of the Academy players, with a special emphasis and focus on the homestay program players. This position will be the main point of contact and support for families and players in regard to all educational and homestay needs. This role serves as the Academy’s liaison between the player and the homestay family.
- Weekly in person tutoring (3 days a week – Tues-Thurs 12:30pm-4:30pm) of Academy players who are in an online school setting
- Provide support to players/parents as needed – educational, tutoring, emotional
- Coordinate home stays as needed within the community, point of contact for homestay families
- Organize homestay player breaks and trips back to families
- Help to ensure the developmental and emotional stability of players
- Weekly in office meeting to track ongoing logistics and any issues
- Provide bi-monthly homestay check in’s as well as new homestay interviews
- Screen homestay applications
- Manage club’s database to create and maintain confidential record-keeping systems in order to keep up to date information, track players’ academic progress and report progress.
- Liaison between school, players and parents, Providing monitoring and options for support
- Liaison between coaches and parents as needed regarding educational and homestay matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Experience teaching working within a school or education setting
- Experience and understanding of college application process
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote
- Proficiency in video conference presenting
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays when necessary
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable
- Must display strong ethical conduct
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.