Position: Marketing & Fan Engagement Intern
Department: Brand & Consumer Marketing
Status: Intern (Seasonal Position - Non-Exempt)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Marketing Director / Marketing Coordinators
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week
Duration: May/June 2022 – May 2023
Tepper Sports & Entertainment is actively seeking a creative, hardworking and passionate Brand & Consumer Marketing Intern to assist in all marketing planning, fan engagement and campaign execution for both the Carolina Panthers and Bank of America Stadium. This position begins early summer 2022 and will conclude after the NFL season in early 2023.
- Assist in daily operations of the Marketing department, including administrative and clerical support, filing, data entry, answering phone lines, archiving photos, editing digital collateral and advertisements.
- Assist with marketing and promotion for all sellable products including but not limited to single game tickets, PSL/season tickets, corporate hospitality, etc.
- Assist with campaign preparation, execution, metric tracking, and recap materials.
- Assist with Fan Engagement efforts including execution of special events and game day responsibilities, assembling packets, preparing large mailings, etc.
- Manage organization of stadium storage and marketing inventory.
- Assist in providing a specialized level of customer service to clients, members and vendors including day-to-day operations, written correspondence, phone calls, account maintenance inquiries, appointment scheduling, follow up, ticketing and amenity inquiries, etc.
- Manual labor often required (promotional item deliveries, event implementation, etc.)
- Acquire general knowledge of department functions and duties to be able to assist on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects with varying levels of importance.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook, including the ability to merge documents and manage multi-page spreadsheets for weekly reporting.
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or sports management.
- Interest and prior sports and/or entertainment industry experience.
- Familiarity and experience in one or more of the following: project management, digital marketing, social media, fan experience programming, copywriting/editing, graphic design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcome.
- Ability to adapt to new skills at a rapid pace.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while staying self-motivated and being a team player, with a mature and respectful disposition.
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills
- Agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment (mostly office environment, outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions) and remotely as assigned by management and based on current business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.