*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position: Equipment Training Camp Intern
Work Schedule: Varies based on training camp schedule and business needs. Includes night and weekend hours.
Pay: Minimum wage ($7.25/hour)
This position will assist the Head Equipment Manager and the Assistant Equipment Manager with day-to-day operations of the Equipment Department while learning how a professional football team equipment room operates.
- Assist the Equipment staff with transportation of equipment to and from camp and set-up
- Issue, collect, and maintain equipment
- Assist coaches at practice including setting up drills and spotting ball for drills
- Wash, fold, and handle daily laundry of staff and players
- Other duties in equipment room as needed
- Undergraduate degree or current undergraduate student
- Some experience working with a collegiate football team as a student manager or equipment room experience with a professional team
- Must be able to work from mid-July until mid-August. Definitive work period will be known once the NFL schedule is revealed
- Flexibility in work hours – must be available to work on nights and weekends
- Must have good communication skills
- Teamwork – must be able to work with others
- Must pass pre-employment screens (background and drug)
- Must provide own transportation to and from our training camp site
- Currently performing a similar function
- Has a professional interest in the Equipment Management field
- Lifting, stooping, standing, walking – physical demands include continuous activity for extended periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Camp will be held at an off-site location, as well as, at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC. Housing, meals, and work clothes will be provided.
- In an equipment room and outside on the fields
- Various weather conditions including extreme heat and inclement weather
- Work varies based on training camp schedule and business needs. Work schedule includes night and weekend hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.