In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build moments that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are seeking a Safety Manager to join our team! The person in this role will lead our planning, training, and implementation of safety programs and systems according to state, federal, safety, health and fire codes and verification. The individual will be able to collaborate and influence across departments externally (contractors) and internally to develop policies and procedures. To be successful in this role, you will use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and coordinate a diversified workload. If you possess the following qualifications, including but not limited to, knowledge of safety and compliance regulations, balancing multiple tasks, maintaining a professional demeanor with a positive demeanor with strong organizational skills, we encourage you to apply!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Facilitate safety training sessions focused on workplace safety and environmental awareness for Venue Operations staff to educate the importance of injury/accident prevention. Regularly verify tasks are safely implemented and staff are trained according to OSHA, NFPA, applicable safety codes, Hazmat procedures, and ADA Compliances.
- Build and continuously update all Operational Safety Programs such as Lock Out/Tag Out, Aerial Scissor Lift Operation, Forklift Operation, Fall Protection, PPE, First Aid, Contractor Safety, etc.
- Verify all Life Safety Systems are maintained by internal partners, coordinate required inspections, and performs job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports, and recommendations.
- Liaison with Construction, Third-Party Contractors, and internal staff ensuring building safety procedures are being followed and vital permits have been acquired.
- Regularly perform audits during events and events related activities. Reviews and assesses safety programs and protocols; makes recommendations for modifications and improvements in collaboration with Venue Operations Leadership.
- Lead and collaborate through internal partners to maintain our WELL Health & Safety certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university or three (3) years related experience and/or training in a similar role, preferably in the public assembly arena industry
- OSHA 30 Certified with solid understanding of OSHA, EPA, ADA, NFPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
- Certified trainer, or willing and capable of being certified within 6 months of employment, in First Aid/CPR/AED, Forklift and Pallet Jack and Aerial lifts
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Able to understand and execute processes including recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring, and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills (demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy) to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
- Strong teamwork and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of public facility operations and maintenance programs.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to navigate an arena setting including stairs, catwalks, mechanical rooms, etc.
- 10% of job can be performed remotely/ 90% will need to be performed onsite as needed.