In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to create memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for an experienced accountant to join our family! As a Revenue Recognition accountant, you will be responsible for the tracking, recording, invoicing, and collection of revenue. He/She will also assist with the monthly general ledger closing process, to include balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, accounting research, tax remittance and financial reporting. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Ensure accurate recording of revenue and tracking of deferred revenue, and manage the invoicing and collection process.
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations for month and year end close, with a focus on accounts receivable and deferred revenue accounts.
- Prepare schedules requested by internal and external sources (auditors, league requirements, tax, etc.) as required.
- Assist in preparation sales tax submissions as needed.
- Become a key business partner with our Premium and Global Partnership departments to ensure customer focused collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 3-5 years general ledger and financial analysis experience.
- Revenue and deferred revenue experience strongly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred and/or a like accounting software package.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- Must be able to prioritize work when given multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization.
- 80% of work able to be performed remotely, 20% to be performed onsite.